Monday 1 February 2016

Materiality: Design and Communication [Term 2, Task 2]

In this task I looked at the materiality of the landscape around the Trinity Laban Centre and how it was connected to the river. The hard landscaping around the centre includes grass, a concrete path and low wall with a scaffolding pole fence [see photo below].


I used a building block pattern for the building and a wave effect for the creek.

I used a series of geometric styles to represent the hard materials - although the effect is too busy/confusing.


Above I attempted to make my own marble paper as I wanted to create the look of the muddy movement of Deptford Creek. I also wanted to try to link this to the "dance" aspect of the Trinity Laban.




These two sheets above explore how the site is connected in both the access to the site and how it is bound. Further work on developing a hierarchy of thresholds on the Trinity Laban side of the creek is being undertaken.



No comments:

Post a Comment